For the next Five minutes and (hopefully less than) thirty seconds, that is what you will hear from me. "That Mom" I will only get to do it one more time this year. Tuesday.
It goes like this:
"Mister Starter..."
"Mens 500 freestyle"
"Take Your Mark"
Lights and Buzzers sound.... and a split second later everyone will hear "GO!" very short, very loud, and filled very much with pride. That "GO!" will be me....and splash the swimmers will be in the water with Morgan in or near the lead.
26 or 28 seconds later, the first turn... and so it continues for a series of 10 laps. The gun will sound for the leader at number 9...
The entire time, I will see one swimmer (two, only if it is a close race). I will have one focus. My boy. I will be heard saying things like, don't breathe, stop looking and swim, kick, reach...pull up!! Coaching from the stands, maybe he hears, maybe he doesn't... but I am there in his lane whispering in his ear. "GO!"
When it is over, I will be nearly as out of breath as he is. I will look at the clock (time, the ever important factor) and then at him. Always a thumbs up, no matter what the outcome. I know, he has done his best. Sometimes his best ever, some days only for that day....but his best.
These are the moments in time that make running in circles every day, all day. Worth it.
It is not just my boy and swimming, that put me in "that mom" mode... it happens often with them both doing the things that they love so much.
"That mom" is heaping with pride and love....
There is always room for more thoughts from the shower...
You just brought tears to my eyes, we love our kids so much and would do anything to help them succeed!
ReplyDelete