Monday, January 21, 2013

Best Kept Secrets...

Today I realized that I was supposed to do something.  A week ago.  Fail.

I spent this afternoon completing the tasks in hopes that the receiver will have mercy on me.  I was supposed to have updated my real estate bio.  As I was doing the task, I realized that it was probably my "best kept secret". 

Everyone knows, I am a swim mom, soccer mom, dance mom, _ mom, _ mom,  _mom....    Don't get me wrong, I love being all of those moms.  But, let me introduce myself.

My name is Marlene Seielstad, I am 45 years of age, a graduate of Albion High School and SUNY Oswego, with a BS in Accounting and Music.  I have worked most of the last 25 years in the field of real estate, yeah really!!   I started with a firm in Batavia that leased and sold commercial properties.  From there, I became a licensed sales agent and also a licensed real estate appraiser.  I have written bank appraisals on 2-300 properties.  Before "mom" I was a million dollar producer for a real estate firm in Batavia! 

Five years ago, the issues with the banking industry seriously affected the market place.  I chose to become a part-time agent and take a job with a more regular paycheck.  Everyone knows I work for the church!  Go figure!

So there you have it, my best kept secret!  I am a licensed, practicing associate real estate broker with 20 years of experience in sales....  Surprise!!!

It kind of made me think a bit about secrets.  You know the ones you tell your closest confident with express instructions "don't tell anyone."  So many times, in your best interest of course, they do tell someone.  Word is out.  It makes me contemplate...why is it so hard to "spread" information we want people to know?  Maybe I should say to you now...  shhhh, don't tell anyone?

What is your best kept (non) secret?  (comments welcome).

Still room for many more thoughts from the shower...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are always welcome. Please remember to prove you are a real person :)